Parkridge Community Meeting
7 August 2017
Call to order at 6:37 PM. Intro and call to order by Jennifer Montgomery. List of attendees on last page.
Treasurer’s Report – Lynne Sullivan (6:41 PM)
- General fund balance: $7899.49 (No change since July.)
- General fund balance not leveraged for grants: $5274.49 (No change since July.)
- Investment account balance: $20,192.74 (Increase of $571.46 since July.)
- Motion to approve made by Gordon Gibson approved by unanimous consent.
Approval of July Minutes – Jeff Pendleton (6:41 PM)
- Motion to approve made by James Waldrup approved by unanimous consent.
KPD Officer’s Report – Officer Burke (6:42 PM)
- Suspect in custody for recent violent crime.
- City is forming a committee and working group to address neighborhood traffic issues.
- 2017 Home Tour – Jennifer Montgomery (6:50 PM)
- Jennifer shared an e-mail from Megan Burnette:
- Suggested a porch party in lieu of the traditional home tour.
- Group conversation centered around the logistics of the porch party versus home tour. Questions of liability and monetization via admission or sponsorship were discussed.
- Lauren Rider shared experience from 4th and Gill indicating that some tour participation tended to be last minute and fluid.
- There was general interest in the porch party, though there were concerns that changing the event might hurt year over year marketing efforts.
- City Short Term Rental Regulation – David Nix (7:05 PM)
- David shared a very good update on the city’s process so far. Pointed out that the proposed rules were shaping up and that the final City Council vote could come in September.
- There was a lively group discussion with a call for comment. PCO will discuss again in September.
- Next public meeting will be August 10th at 5:30 PM.
Announcements (7:27 PM)
- Timeline for study on H-1 expansion has been posted on Facebook. Review and recommendations to City Council on October 10th.
- Neighborhood signs still in works. Need permission from Bob Monday for one possible location.
- District 6 City Council primary candidate meet and greet on August 15th at Shiloh United Presbyterian Church, 904 Biddle Street.
- City Council Primary Candidate Introductions (7:35 PM): Lauren Rider (D4), John Butler (D6), Michael Covington (D6), Kennie Riffey (D6)
- League of Women Voters Facebook page has FAQ from candidates for review.
Adjourn (7:52 PM) Attendees (from sign-in sheets):
John A. Butler
Michael D. Goins