Parkridge Community Meeting
3 July 2017
- Call to order at 6:35 PM. List of attendees is on the last page. A quorum was not present.
KPD Officer’s Report – Officer Jackson (6:35 PM)
- Questions were asked about recent uptick in violent crime including shootings and murders. Discussion surrounded current class of thirty-eight KPD cadets and KPD manpower issues. PCO members requested advice for taking action and Office Jackson suggested cameras, calling in criminal activity, and getting license tags of vehicles involved if that can be done without exposing yourself to risk.
Treasurer’s Report – Lynne Sullivan (6:43 PM)
- General fund balance: $7899.49
- General fund balance not leveraged for grants: $5274.49
- Investment account balance: $19,621.28
UTK Individually Experienced Temperatures in Knoxville Study – Alisa Hass (6:45 PM)
- Conducting study to determine how residents of Knoxville, Tennessee are personally exposed to high temperatures and humidity and why differences in exposure exist.
- To participate in the study or obtain more information contact Alisa Hass at ahass.
- Participated will complete a 3 – 5 minute survey and wear a dime-sized temperature and
- humidity sensor (which does not collect GPS or location data) for four days during a heatwave and four days during average temperatures.
- Participants will receive a $15 VISA gift card for each of the two data collection periods.
Announcements (7:00 PM)
- Sally Serpin is facilitating a Park Ridge oral history project. Details are on-line on Facebook.
- Midnight Dog Parade July 8th organized by Terry Shaw 8 PM @ Caswell Park
- Events committee needs to start with ten homes for the home tour. This event it PCO’s Primary fundraiser and raises around $1,500 per year. More details to come via Facebook and the tour is planned to be around Halloween. Even if you don’t want to show your home, there are lots of volunteer opportunities such as committee work, traffic flow on the day of the event. Home research assistance will be given to participants.
Adjourn (7:06 PM)
Attendees (from sign-in sheets):