Parkridge Community Organization
Membership Meeting Agenda
- Welcome & Code of Conduct- 6:41
- Neighbor Introductions- List of attendees on last page
- Reports- 6:45
- Office Soldner
- He did receive an email regarding the porch furniture theft. Please make sure and file reports anytime a theft occurs. Non-Emergency line is (865)215-7000.
- Review of February and March Minutes- 7:09
- Motion was made to approve minutes, motion was 2nd, all approved.
- Treasurer’s report- 7:10
- See attached report- Motion was made to approve report, motion was 2nd, all approved
- Old Business 7:11
- Update: Parkridge Park
- So far we have planted the fruit bushes and will need help watering. The play structure has been painted, and the city has installed the new baby swing.
- Logo- 7:12
- Board met with Dustin to discuss new logo. Dustin has graciously offered to donate his time and the PCO will purchase fonts.
- Neighborhood Small Grant Program 2020- 7:15
- Parkridge Community Garden seeking to apply
- Parks and Rec Challenge Grant
- This grant is for up to $2500 and application is due in two months. The suggestion was made for new lights in Parkridge Park.
- Recode Update and Discussion
- The latest draft was released 5/1/19 and will go for a final vote on 5/14/19. Townhall East board and PCO asked City Council to postpone the final vote.
- New Business- 7:35
- One Way Alleys
- Alleys are not two ways, they run East to West and North to South.
- Neighborhood Summer Party- 7:40
- Possible potluck in August at Parkridge Park
- VMC Building Proposal- 7:42
- VMC looking at Positively Living and the adjacent two lots for new housing units. The current Positively building will have 29 units and the new 3 story building will have 47 units. The consensus of the present group was okay with them using the existing building but the other 2 lots are parkland and rezoning parkland for commercial use is illegal.
- Announcements- 7:58
- Porchfest- June 1, 3:30 PM at 1535 Woodbine
- A new moderator is needed for the PCO Facebook page. Please see Lynn Randazzo if you are interested.
- Adjourn- 8:03
Next Meeting: June 3 @ 6:30 PM