Parkridge Community Organization
Membership Meeting Minutes
- Welcome and Code of Conduct Reminder- 6:38
- Neighbor Introductions – List of attendees on last page.
- Reports- 6:40
- Office Solder and KPD Report- Not present
- Treasurer’s Report- 6:43 see attached report
- Review of October Minutes- 6:45 Motion made to approve minutes, motion 2nd, all approved.
- Old Business- 6:45
- Rezoning/conveyance of parcels on E 5th to VMC- 6:45
- Planning Commission Meeting Decision
- City amended request at the meeting to RP1 zoning (allows up to 24du/ac)
- Follow up questions with Bruce Spangler, CEO of volunteer ministry Center. Per Spangler, VMC will respect the RP1 zoning.
- Letters from Town Hall East, Legacy Parks Foundation, Scenic Knoxville were all in favor of saving the park land. O’Connor Center also gave negative feedback. 21/21 PCO Members present voted to write a letter saying “NO” to the giving property to VMC. Several volunteers to write letter that will be read at the City Council meeting.
- City Council Mtg at City County Building, 400 W Main
- Nov 5- 1st reading of zoing request
- Nov 19- 2nd reading of zoning request, request to close Myrtle Street, and conveyance of the land to VMC.
- New Business- 7:15
- Elections for 2020 PCO board of Directors (9 Directors)
- Finishing 2017-2019 term: Peggy Klein, Matt Foster
- Serving 2020 Term: Lynne Randazzo, Megan Burnette, Sydney Poker
- Nominees for 2020 and 2021 term: Vincent Walker, Aarin Searcey, Albert Nelson, Lynda Blankenship, Greta Schmoyer, Morgan Wilson, and still open to nominations.
- 17/17 Votes for the new PCO Board Members: Vincent Walker, Aarin Searcey, Albert Nelson, Lynda Blankenship, Greta Schmoyer, and Morgan Wilson.
- Home Tour report-
- On tour we had 1 buisness, 5 houses, and 4 condos
- Sponsorships: $2,125
- $500 – Fox and Fogarty
- $250 – First Neighborhoods Reality, Trotta Montgomery Real Estate, Foundation Title and Escrow, Old City Kitchens, Mortgage investors Group (Suzanne Piscetello), RT Clapp
- $125 Graining Paint
- Ticket Sales: $722.84
- Expenses: $645.53
- Net: $2,202
- Announcements, Comments, Questions- 7:26
- Voting at O’Conner Senior Center for City elections tomorrow- Remember to take your ID and Voter card!
- Pollinator garden mowed down for the 2nd time- Chad West was very apologetic. We are trying to get new signs for the garden to avoid this in the future.
- There are funds still available for beautification if anyone is interested.
- Call Kacy Krouse to trim/prune sidewalk trees.
- We need a new Building/H liaison- Motion made to nominate David Nix, motion was 2nd, all approved.
- Student at UTK need service hours- leadserve.utk.edu
- *community partners- we might see if they could come out and help with the stream bank cleanup.
- Adjourn- Motion made to adjourn meeting, motion was 2nd, all approved. 7:50